Here is my thoughts from my Bible reading on Abraham and Isaac.
The conversation began. Genesis 22:1-9.14
Abraham! And he said, "Here I am." He said take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah and offer him there on one of the mountains of which I will tell you."
Imagine if Abraham would have said no I won't sacrifice my only son how would the story have changed?
But Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. But Isaac spoke to Abraham, his father and said, "My Father" and he said, "Here I am, my son." Genesis 22:6
When we respond to God's call with "Here I am", as Abraham did with Isaac being willing to sacrifice all. Christ responds with "Here am I" and is the Resource and provides the resources. Are you in a moment where God is calling you to a "sacrificing life"? Where He is revealing things that need to change. He is drawing you closer to Him. Don't stop now, take the next step.
14.Abraham call the place "The Lord will provide."
1. Recognize and walk with the Lord to hear the voice of the Lord, since we don't usually hear audibly, we read the Bible and pray. Noah walked with God and was protected from a flood that destroyed all of mankind.
2.Willing to sacrifice our desires, For Abraham it was his only son Isaac. It might be your deepest longing that God tells you He has something better if you will let it go. Remember He sacrificed His only son on the cross for you to live a life where sorrow is removed and the fruits of the spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control can live. Then it can all be sown and reaped and sown and reaped again.
3. It cannot be accomplished without Christ. He provides the resources and sustains them.
4. Remember the place and thank Him. Abraham called the place "The Lord will provide"
Where are the moments in your life where you recognize it was time to let it go because God had something better? When it took faith and trust, and listening...

No comments:
Post a Comment