Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fainting Goat or Leaping Lamb

My heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope. — Psalm 16:9 (NKJV)

This is for the Women of Faith Blog Hop, subscribe to the newsletter, and join the conversation.

Are you a Leaping Lamb or a Fainting Goat? 


Excerpt...Humanly speaking, they (fainting goats) are like women who refuse to face the truth. They don’t recognize that God is in control and in the situation that startled them. They just faint and go to La-la Land until the distress passes by. Of course, when they come to, the circumstances are still there.  The leaping lamb is joyful and the goat doesn't want to deal with the struggles they are facing. Instead they just exit-the circumstances and ignore the problem.


I struggled a little with this comparison of a lamb or goat.  Like the goat, there have been many times when I want to duck out. Right now I am at a place, not matured by any means, but a place of joy in the midst of life. In urban ministry there is always going to be someone who is far worse than my current circumstances. I know where my next meal is going to come from...I have a safe place to sleep....and it can go on and on. Then after reading the comment from 


 In this passage of Scripture I like the verse right before it. I am always thinking of the Lord and because He is near, I never need to stumble or to fall. -Psalm 16:8 (LAB). 
 The result of being and listening to Him is PEACE today, tomorrow, and into the future. The promise of a relationship with Him is HOPE. No matter what the circumstances our petitions are heard, in fact, He was there before, it was spoken in our prayer. It is not taking Him by surprise. He is making a way for us to see HIm working in the circumstances. Our gift is to HOPE, BELIEVE and to dwell in PEACE.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this and I really like the scripture you posted. Looks like we have chosen the same blogger background.

    Have a great day.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete